Our classes centre around three simple principles; Build, Breathe & Move. By combining these three pillars in varying degrees, you can personalise your fitness schedule to best achieve your goals.
Build refers to getting stronger, Breathe refers to improving your cardio fitness and Move refers to increasing your mobility and flexibility. Any training programme will contain elements of one or a combination of these pillars, but by breaking these down and using them to form the basis of our classes, we allow our members to match their training programme with their goals.
Our Build classes are designed for those who want to build strength as part of their long term goal. Building strength doesn’t necessarily mean drastically increasing muscle mass, there are a number of benefits associated with strength training:
- Can help prevent bone loss and reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- You’ll feel more powerful
- Helps reduce risk of injury by strengthening your joints, ligaments and tendons
- As with all exercise, weight-bearing exercise helps boost your metabolism
Classes at The Movement Barn that incorporate Build exercises include TRX, Kettlebells, Build, Pilates, Yoga and Build & Breathe.
If you’re not a fan of the treadmill or elliptical but want to improve your overall fitness then our conditioning classes are perfect for you. They combine a variety of aerobic exercises to help get your blood pumping, busting the myth that cardio has to be boring and repetitive. Here are some benefits of cardio or ‘metabolic conditioning’:
- If you’re looking to lose body fat, cardio burns a lot of calories
- The clue is in the name – cardio improves cardiovascular health
- Can help control blood sugar and keep blood pressure at a healthy level
- Improves certain mental functions
- Increases stamina, you may feel tired at some points but long term it can help keep you free from fatigue
Classes at The Movement Barn that incorporate Breathe exercises include TRX Breathe, Metabolic conditioning, Breathe, Breathe & Build.
These classes are ideal for those looking to improve their mobility and flexibility. They’re designed to help you reconnect your mind and body, reduce pain and focus on your posture. Benefits include:
- Ideal for stress relief, improves mental health
- Gentle mobility exercises can help reduce inflammation
- Increase core strength
- Improve balance and stability
Classes at The Movement Barn that incorporate Move exercises include Move, Pilates, Yoga and Move & Build.
We hope this helps you understand the structure behind our classes here at The Movement Barn. If you need further guidance on choosing the best class for you and your goals then please get in touch and don’t forget your first class is free!