Create a happy, healthy, high functioning team.
Improving your teams health and wellness
One thing you can do for your team will lead to them making many other healthy decisions, take the first step for them.
A wellness membership which saves your business money
Lost in sick days per employee. That’s £32 billion per year for UK business.
Reduction in employee absence caused by sickness when having a physically active workforce.
Reduction in staff turnover when businesses introduce a fitness programme.
‘Fitness is a team sport’.
There is nothing more motivating than a training partner, be it through the shared pain and pleasure of the workouts or just the accountability of someone asking you how it’s going and sharing their own triumphs and struggles. Starting a new fitness journey with a friend or group has proven to be an effective way of increasing frequency and intensity of ones training but also a great way of establishing a long term habit.
Exercise can play a huge role when it comes to dealing with stress, anxiety and becoming more confident. During lockdown the huge benefits of a change in space have become clear. Not least for transition time between periods of relaxation to work, but also as a way of increasing intensity in both.
Your Body will adapt to what you do with it, positively and negatively whatever we spend the majority of our time doing our bodies become more efficient at those tasks and positions. So exposing our bodies to different types of movement and different intensities of movement will make you more tolerant to physical stress, more resilient and overall healthier.
We believe fitness is a team sport and have built a community of like minded people that we would like to share and grow with you. We have seen some common trends when new members sign up in small groups. Not only does it make it easier to get started, but we have also seen members see a much greater return for their efforts as they tend to come more often and work harder when supported by a peer.
The Movement Barns workplace wellness scheme is a great opportunity for business to energise themselves.
- Improved Productivity though higher energy and improved focus
- Employees are more resilient to the psychological and physical stresses of life
- Less days off through injury and illness
- Better team chemistry
- Employee retention and candidate attraction
- Improved mental health, reduced stress and improve confidence
There are a few different ways employers can support with employee’s health and fitness:
– Employers fund – Taxed as an earning (this is taken through PAYE)
– Employers fund – Benefit in kind
– Employees fund – Salary Sacrifice – employees giving up a portion of their earnings and can save on National Insurance
Speak with your accountant to find out the best way to use a health and wellness scheme for your business.
What we do at TMB
We are not your average gym.
We are a coach led functional fitness studio, our highly qualified trainers lead every session and design tailored workouts specific to our members needs. We work with individuals to support them in the way they feel most comfortable with and offer solutions to help everyone improve their health and fitness. Our boutique studio offers high quality coaching using the best equipment inside a welcoming space for all fitness levels to work on their physical and mental health.
- Personal Training allows us to go into a lot of detail with each client helping them make small changes in nutrition, sleep and daily movement as well as their training. Regular 1:1 coaching of workouts means we can focus more on strengths and weaknesses and better address any movement disfunction. The extra face time also gives us an opportunity to work on effective nutrition strategies, sleep, stress and non exercise activity alongside 1:1 coaching of workouts.
- Group Sessions are small and closely resemble group personal training. Each workout has a focus, which means we can advise members on which workouts to do and how often better help them move forward towards their health and fitness goals.